0 0 dstadmin dstadmin2020-10-01 10:30:002020-10-02 10:34:13The Governor’s Daily Brief — October 1, 2020
TODAY’S TAKEAWAYS |
- Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced that the first Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan has been approved for a business impacted by Hurricane Sally. The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) will provide the loan to Brett Hinely, owner of Bluewater Bay Marina in Niceville, Florida. The loan was approved in a short, four business day review process after the loan program was activated on Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
- Last Night, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-246. Executive Order 20-246 assists the transition to Phase 3 by providing local government bodies with an additional one-month period to conduct their meetings virtually and can be found here.
- Yesterday Evening, Governor DeSantis permitted Executive Order 20-211 to expire.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently enacted a nationwide residential evictions Order that provides federal eviction relief to persons who submit a valid Declaration to their landlord regarding their inability to pay rent and can be found here.
- Yesterday Morning, Governor Ron DeSantis spoke at the Enterprise Florida Board of Directors Meeting to discuss Florida Phase Three Re-Opening Strategies and Florida’s economy.
- Also First Lady Casey DeSantis, as chair of the Florida Children and Youth Cabinet, led Cabinet members in a discussion of the mental health ramifications of the COVID-19 pandemic on Florida’s college students. The First Lady called for members to analyze and amplify state college and universities’ responses to the social and emotional challenges brought on by the mitigation efforts and policies put in place to address the virus. Watch it here.