TODAY’S TAKEAWAYS |
On Friday, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-244, moving all of Florida’s 67 counties into Phase 3. Executive Order 20-244 does the following:
1. Removes state-level restrictions on businesses, such as restaurants.
2. Provides that no COVID-19 emergency ordinance may prevent an individual from working or operating a business, giving Floridians and business owners needed certainty and the ability to provide for themselves and their families.
3. Provides that restaurants may not be limited by a COVID-19 emergency order by any local government to less than 50% of their indoor capacity. If a restaurant is limited to less than 100% of its indoor capacity, such COVID-19 emergency order must satisfy the following:
- Quantify the economic impact of each limitation or requirements on those restaurants; and
- Explain why each limitation or requirement is necessary for public health.
Suspends all outstanding fines and penalties, and the collection of such moving forward, applied against individuals related to COVID-19.
First Lady Casey DeSantis announced contemporary artist, Orestes Bouzon as Florida’s featured artist for Hispanic Heritage Month celebrated September 15 to October 15. Mr. Bouzon, who fled Cuba in 1994 to come to the United States, has made a name for himself and his art across the globe ever since. For more information on Florida’s celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, see here.